Half a step forward, half a step backwards…
Well I found a partial solution to the slider problem. It works enough to be usable( more or less), not perfect but it’ll do for now until I have time to figure out how to make it work properly (assuming I can, I am no VB programmer, Google is my friend).
However I then found an another problem. I am using the Multi media control to play my wav and mp3 files. Trouble is it will not play anything encoded more than 128 kb/sec. After much searching (thanks Google) I found out it is possible to embed the Windows media player into my app and that DOES play the mp3 files that the multi media control will not. So now I have to figure out how to use it. I’ve got a partially working demo going but I am thinking I am going to use it to make an OCX and embed that into my project. That way I will have minimal changes to my player.